Friday, October 24, 2008

Nothing new???

Okay, taking a break from my attempts to catch up on our trip and what's going on these days to post a question...or a concept...or something just potentially wacky enough to land us squarely on the other side of sanity. ;)

Jeremy just came to me and posed this idea:
Make the year of 2009 a year of "nothing new." We buy nothing new for a whole year. Exempt are consumables like food and personal hygiene items of course.

This isn't a new idea, we've heard of people doing this. And succeeding. So it's obviously possible.

I'd have to become the master of second-hand stores, which would require me to really work on my patience. That's what I lack that keeps me from utilizing such stores as much as I could, though every now and again I'm in a suitable mood to take advantage.

Hmmm...what do you all think?!

I know it's do-able, it's just quite a plunge. Maybe someone out there reading this has actually done this...do share!!!

Okay, off to clean the kitchen and ponder this possible new quest. ;)

3 comments:

mrs boo radley said...

I'll ponder with you! And I'd love to try this with you too...

Hmmmmm...

Amanda said...

There has been much pondering today...hmmm...and a "wishlist" of items I would like new, so I can know what I'd be going without or planning for alternatively.

Really, there's not much and most of the items are "wants" not "needs." Such an important distinction right?!

Trish Chibas said...

Wow! This is an awesome idea! Think of all the money you'll be saving!