Tuesday, April 22, 2008

It's been how long, you say????

Oh my, the boy turned the big 1 a week and a half ago and I still have not managed to post the long-promised pictures of him and all the Memaw and Papaw lovin' and the goodies and such sent by folks that share the Bugga love. Tonight I hope to finish at least one installment...but believe me, there is more!

Tonight's installment is all things Memaw and Papaw. ;) Here they are after we went through the aquarium. The lighting wasn't great, but I think you get the idea: lots of love all around. =) (I love being corny on the blog.)

I had to throw this one in because Memaw looks a bit scared...of what I'm not sure. Hehe.

After the aquarium and lunch and some lego time, Bugga and Memaw got some good bonding in while strolling through the mall and amusement park inside the mall (that place is nuts!). Memaw and Papaw arrived Saturday early evening. By Monday, Memaw had put in enough face time to have little Bugga reaching out to go to her. So cute!

Here is Bugga pulling the adorable little wood block train set that Memaw and Papaw gave him. He loves this thing, though often it is not all together like in the photo because he likes to yank it apart and carry the individual pieces with him throughout the house.


And you may be asking yourself if we ever put pants on this kid. The answer is yes--when we leave the house. Hehehe. No, really, he does wear pants a good portion of the time, I promise. Oh, and look at bored Paisley in this picture, I love it! I imagine her thoughts to be something alone these lines--"one more thing for that kid to chuck at me, great." ;)

When I blog again I need to get to everyone else's birthday wishes and gifts. I don't mean to be neglecting you all! I can only be so patient with blogspot when it comes to loading pictures. I've reached my quota for the night.

J is on a weird schedule for the next 3 weeks. He's working 7 p.m. - 3 a.m. We're only on night 2, so we can't really say if we like it or hate it. It's different in the least and it's not like we didn't endure tons of strange scheduling when he was in the Navy. In fact, this is quite reminiscent of those good ol' days. After 3 weeks of this, he'll move to an 11 a.m.-7 p.m. shift, though bad wife that I am, I can't remember off the top of my head how long that will last.

And speaking of the 11 a.m.-7 p.m. shift...this is really reaching for a transition, but here goes...our wonderful friend Lindsey will be here while he is on that shift!!!! We are so out-of-our-minds excited to see you Linds! We do wish Brandon was coming too though, that way J wouldn't be alone and defenseless against us girls. HAHAHAHA. We'll get to see Lindsey's cool Mom Linda too, so that should be fun. That lady has energy, I tell ya. ;) So does Lindsey and we laugh our hineys off when we're together, which may scare Bug a little bit. Or he may just join in because he likes to laugh when other people laugh. I guess we'll see how he reacts when Momma and Aunt Lindsey are yukkin' it up, should be good times! =)

One last picture, and one that may induce laughter in Miss Lindsey early. Here I am with a lego robot or something, we appear to be getting to know one another. Or rather, I appear to be getting to know him. ;) *ahem* *ahem* =)


HAHAHA. Actually, I have no idea what exactly I was doing in this photo. Let's say I was checking out the lego craftsmanship. ;) It really was crazy to look at up close. Quit laughing, I'm being serious! They had some really neat lego models, from this neato robot to even larger dinosaurs. Anyway...

With that, I must big adieu and get my rear in bed. As if my sleep wasn't already precarious enough, J will be getting home in about 4 hours and I will certainly wake up when he does, no matter how quiet he tries to be. Last night I woke up long enough to tell him I was hungry and have him laugh at me. We'll see what nonsense I sleepily spew at him tonight. =)

No comments: